There are a number of tools that we as a guild would like to add to our range of tools which we already have and members are invited to submit ideas of additional tools they think are required.
A 'wish list ' have been drawn up so you are welcome to jot down your ideas.
I personally would like to see a new bench grinder with white wheels and sharpening jig for turning tools only.
The use of the jig would make it possible for everyone to sharpen tools the correct way without any trouble so at some stage we can see more shavings flying when turning using these sharper tools and all tools will be sharpened the same way !
- Estate tools from Ron Johnson have been purchased
- Any tools and plant guild has for sale to be offered to members by tender
- Robert Sorby visit in early June
- Annual subs due next month ( better start saving now )
- Otago competition 5th to 7th April (that’s next month ) entries to committee
- Dated stock of stain varnish has been donated by a retailer so please feel free to use this.